Labor Day Weekend is coming, and we're 💯 here for it! Make the last moments of summer more memorable with these amazing recipes, using our ALL-IN-ONE functional mixer (a MUST HAVE in every pantry, for sure)!
Purely is the perfect addition to your BBQ meat marinades, salad dressings, dips & sauces, cocktails, mocktails - you name it, Purely is perfect for it!
Baby Back Ribs
- 2 racks baby back ribs (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 6 tbsp Purely Ginger Lime
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Barbecue sauce, optional
- Combine broth, soy sauce, 1/2 cup sugar, Purely, olive oil and garlic. Place ribs in a shallow baking dish; pour two-thirds of the marinade over ribs. Turn to coat; refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain ribs, discarding marinade. Combine remaining sugar, salt and seasonings; rub over both sides of ribs.
- Grill ribs, covered, on an oiled rack over indirect medium heat for 30 minutes on each side.
- Baste with reserved marinade, or, if desired, barbecue sauce. Move ribs to direct medium heat and cook until pork is tender, turning and basting occasionally, 20-40 minutes longer.
Salads are a perfect dish to bring to a Labor Day BBQ Party. It's easy, healthy, and YUMMY! Try this delicious salad dressing you can whip up in under 3 minutes!
Japanese Ginger Salad Dressing
- 1 oz Purely Ginger Lime or Ginger Pear
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- Ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Purely, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, mustard, honey and pepper.
- Once these are thoroughly combined, add the oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly.
- When all of the oil is incorporated into the dressing, pour into a glass jar and chill until serving.
COCKTAIL PUNCH BOWLS
Nothing says summer party quite like refreshing punch bowls - and the best thing about it: V A R I E T Y. Have a go at one of our most favorite recipes — Grapefruit Sparkler!
Grapefruit Sparkler Punch Bowl
- 10-16 oz Purely Grapefruit Citrus (add more based on your preference)
- 750 ml white wine
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 thinly sliced red grapefruit
- Add Purely, white wine, vodka a large punch bowl.
- Stir several time to make sure everything is fully combined.
- Add ice and garnish with grapefruit slices and rosemary sprigs!
COCKTAILS & MOCKTAILS
Labor Day Weekend is the perfect time step back and raise a glass to everything you’ve accomplished thus far! We have TONS of cocktail & mocktail recipes, but we've done all the work for you & picked the best ones!
- Chopped jalapeño
- 10 dashes of cherry bitters
- 1 oz Purely Pineapple Thai Chili
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 1 oz lime juice
- 3 oz tequila
- Shake with ice and serve over big ice.
- Sip sip enjoy!
Recipe by: Teresa Tran
- Pour over round ice cube with tonic
- Garnish with cucumber and thyme for a refreshing nose with every sip
Strawberry Shrub Cocktail
- 2 oz Purely Strawberry Lemon
- 1 oz orange flavored liqueur Cointreau
- 4 oz vodka
- 4 oz club soda
- Lime rounds for garnish
- **Special equipment: cocktail shaker
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the shrub, orange liqueur and vodka.
- Shake well and strain into a stemmed flute or martini glass.
- Top with club soda and garnish with a lime wheel.
The sun is shining, and it's time to think smoothies, popsicles and sorbet for dessert! Who doesn't love desserts?
Sparkling Grapefruit Sorbet
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups sparkling water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Purely Grapefruit Citrus
- 1 tbsp grapefruit zest (from about 2 grapefruits)
- **Special equipment: ice cream maker
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, add zest and let cool.
- Once cool, add Purely, stir, cover and refrigerate a couple of hours until thoroughly chilled.
- Once chilled thoroughly, add sparkling water, and then churn in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer frozen sorbet into a freezer safe container, and freeze for 4 hours prior to serving. (Note: Stirring the frozen mixture after 2 hours will help produce a sorbet that is lighter in texture.)