The mocktail is all grown up. Forget the frozen strawberry daquiris your mom used to buy you and your friends at slumber parties. The modern mocktail is sleek, complex and ready to party. All the buzz from Bon Appetit, Buzzfeed, Brit + Co and other sites it is gaining a lot of traction. Bars are stepping up their non alcoholic drink game and with companies like Seedlip producing non-alcoholic spirits. Bartenders are able to work their magic.
Our Q Soo Tonic and Purely Concentrate make an excellent base for all of your mocktail endeavors. Delightfully bright, clean and complex, our drinks are sure to elevate your mocktail to the next level.
Here are some recipes to get you started:
1. Ginger Lime Mojito
Recipe Inspo @ the Happy Homemaker
- 5oz Q Soo Ginger Lime or 1oz Purely Ginger Lime
- Lemon Lime Soda if using Purely concentrate
- 5 Mint Leaves
- 1/2 Lime
- Combine Q Soo and Soda if using.
- Add mint leaves and muddle together, squeeze in lime juice and top with a lime slice.
2. Chile Lime Soda
Recipe Inspo and Photo creds @ Michael Graydon and Nikole Herriot and Seattle Seltzer Co.
- 5oz Q Soo Pineapple Thai Chile or 1oz of Purely Pineapple Thai Chile
- Top with sparkling water if using Purely concentrate
- Chile flakes and lime for garnish
- Mix Q Soo or Purely concentrate, top with sparkling water if using, add chile flakes and stir.
- Add ice and top with a lime wedge.
3. Strawberry Grapefruit Paloma
- 1 oz of Purely Strawberry Lemon
- 2 oz mezcal
- 4-5 oz tonic water
- 1 squeeze of Lime
- Serve and enjoy!
4. Sassy Pineapple
Recipe by: Teresa Tran
- Chopped jalapeño
- 10 dashes of cherry bitters
- 1 oz Purely Pineapple Thai Chili Concentrate
- 1 oz lime juice
- Shake with ice
- Serve over big ice
5. Bourbon Apple Cider Shrub
Recipe by: Traci
- 1 1/2 oz Bourbon 43g
- 1 oz Purely Concord Grape Apple, adjust this to your taste if needed
- 1 oz Apple Cider 28g
- Club Soda
- Slices Apple for Garnish
- In a low ball glass add the bourbon, Purely Concord Grape Apple, and cider.
- Fill with ice, top with club soda and stir. Garnish with apple slices.