Recipe by Nicole Dula of DulaNotes
It tastes like a fancy craft cocktail you get at the hipster restaurants, but you can make this one at home. You get that sweet punch of grape, like that first rush of grape flavor from grape bubble gum, but the balsamic adds a deeper flavor that’s lifted up by the orange from the Grand Marnier and Angostura bitters. A fragrant orange slice is the final touch.
And can we talk about the color? I don’t even know what you would call it, but I’d totally wear that lipstick shade for fall.
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon
- 1 1/2 ounce Purely Concord Grape Apple
- 1/2 ounce Grand Marnier
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- 1 ounce sparkling water
- thin slice of orange for garnish
- 5 drops of balsamic or aged balsamic vinegar
- Chill a cocktail glass in the freezer while you prepare the cocktail.
- Add all of the ingredients (but orange slice, sparkling water, balsamic) to a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice. Shake well.
- Strain cocktail into chilled martini, garnish with orange slice and add 5 drops of balsamic! Enjoy~