Pride celebrations have their origins in the long battle of minority groups to overcome discrimination and be accepted for who they are. June is Pride Month, when the LGBTQ communities around the world unite to celebrate their right to be themselves.
Accepting and honoring who you are is the theme of Pride Month. Because each person adds a different hue to the rainbow! Here are some simple recipes to get merry with rainbow-colored snacks and drinks in honor of Pride Month!
Strawberry Lemonade Spritzer Mocktail
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4-5 large strawberries
- Monk fruit sweetener (optional)
- 3-4 oz Purely Strawberry Shiso Infusion
- Club soda
- Throw 1/2 cup lemon juice in the blender with 4-5 large strawberries.
- Strain this into a large pitcher, add monk fruit sweetener to taste
- Add 3-4 oz @purelydrinks Strawberry Shiso drinking vinegar.
- Top with club soda and enjoy!
Rainbow Pancake Stack
- Add complete pancake and waffle mix
- 1 ½ c. complete pancake and waffle mix
- food colorings, pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple
- ½ c. mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp. powdered sugar
- Add Assorted fresh fruit (blackberries, blueberries, etc)
- Prepare pancake mix according to package directions. Divide batter among 6 bowls. Using assorted food colors, tint the batter pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple using one bowl of batter for each pancake; cook according to package directions.
- Whisk together whipped topping, mascarpone cheese, and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Stack pancakes, topped with 1/3 cup mascarpone mixture and a coordinating color of fresh fruit.
Smoky Grapefruit Fizz Cocktail
- 1.5 oz Purely Grapefruit Citrus Infusion
- 1.5 oz Mezcal @banhezmezcalartesanal
- 1 oz Grapefruit juice @nataliesoj
- Top with electrolyte club soda @drinknavyhill
- Build in the glass over ice.
- Top with club soda and garnish with fresh Rosemary and a grapefruit slice from @thecocktailgarnish.
- Serve and cheers!
- ⅓ (48-oz.) pkg. frozen white bread dough, (1 portion), thawed
- Food coloring, red, blue, green, and yellow
- Lightly grease an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan; set aside. Cut dough into four equal sections. Working with one dough section and food coloring at a time, knead dough until food coloring is well-distributed.
- Roll each section into a 3-inch-long rope; flatten with a rolling pin. Stack the sections together. Starting at one end, tightly roll up. Place, seam side dwon, in prepared pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 2 hours or until nearly double.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until top of bread sounds hollow when lightly tapped. Cool bread in pan on a wire rack.
- Remove bread from pan; cut loaf into 1/2-inch slices.
- 1 oz. Purely Pineapple Thai Chili
- 1 oz. lime juice
- Sparkling wine (to top)
- Add all ingredients except sparkling wine into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake hard to chill.
- Strain into your glass. Top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish and enjoy.
What drink and snack would you like to try? Share it with us, we would love to learn and feature you! Tag us @purelydrinks on IG!